Being a girl can get complicated.We are always on the hunt for tips and tricks that are affordable, yet still leaves us looking fabulous. Though we all have our own unique beauty secrets, I decided to share a few with you, some I've just started to try out myself. Read on!
1. Exfoliate your lips before applying your lipstick. It enables your lipstick to glide on easier and prevents dry, cracked lips. Here's a homemade lip scrub you can use once a week to get the perfect pout.
2. Out of cuticle cream? Use a moisturizing eye cream to do the job! Remember, hydrated nails=healthy, strong nails.
3. Prone to chipped nails? Apply a thin layer of clear nail polish every two days to make your manicure last longer.
4. Finding the best red lipstick for you can be a daunting task. The secret is to find the one that works well with your undertone. Warmer undertones, warmer reds. Cool undertones, cooler reds.
5. If you have greasy hair, avoid conditioning your roots. Instead, condition from your ear down to the ends.
6. Concealer works as a great base on your eyelids, as it will help to absorb oil, and your eyeshadows will stick to the product, making it last longer.
7. To reduce the amount of heat used on your hair, allow the hair to air dry instead of using a blowdryer, and then flat iron on a low setting. You can also check out this little hack I found online here.
8. If you suffer from dark circles, try placing two slices of raw potato under each one of your eyes and keep it on for 5-10 minutes. Splash face with cold water. Over a period of time with this method, your dark circles should be less obvious.
9. To set your lipstick, hold a piece of tissue over your lips and dust translucent powder over the tissue to make it last.
10. Substitute body wash and shaving cream for body oil for a smoother, closer shave.
11. Keep your feet soft on a regular basis by using a pumice stone in the shower and following up with a moisturizing body butter.
12. Invest in a silk pillow case to prevent hair breakage and premature wrinkles.
13. For flawless makeup application, dampen your makeup sponge or beauty blender before blending in product.
14. Rinse your hair with cold water after deep conditioning to close hair cuticles and lock in moisture.
15. To avoid looking like a clown, allow about 2 fingers from your nose to where your blush should start.
16. Run your nails under cold tap water to speed up your polish drying process. The cold water acts as a top seal to seal the polish down.
17. Clean your makeup brushes once a week to avoid bacteria buildup that may lead to breakouts.
18. Avoid too hot showers that can cause dry skin. Take warm showers instead and moisturize when your skin is still a little damp!
19. Never squeeze pimples as this may cause damage to tissues and leave scars.
20. To get smooth elbows, take some avocado and rub it on the rough areas.
21. If you're all out of makeup remover, a little olive oil or baby shampoo will do the trick.
22. Make your nail polish colours look more vibrant and pop by applying a base coat of white polish.
23. When applying mascara, place a business card behind your lashes. Not only does this prevent mascara from smudging on your eyelids, but it straightens out your lashes too.
24. Broken press powder? Wash your hands, and with a clean cuticle stick, break up all the solid pieces into loose powder. Add some rubbing alcohol (not too much) to make a paste. Smooth it over with a knife, wait for it to dry, and it never happened!
25. Smile! There's absolutely nothing more beautiful.